kentwelljenn

About my experience of reenacting at Kentwell Hall

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's been a long time

Since I wrote anything but the next event looms large and I feel I should write something before 1940s event at kentwell.
I am really busy at the moment getting stuff ready for the October - received today with great excitement a 1941 copy of Punch and some gorgeous lisle stockings - isn't ebay great?
Just trying to balance being a mother, working and getting ready for the event ( finishing a dress for my sister). It occured that this is something like it must have been for people during the war since they all had to juggle multiple roles - I realise that my life is easier than people during the war even though it is possible to get some sort of fellow feeling.
I have another persona for this event - as a Waaf officer and I am quite nervous about this since it's the first time I wore this uniform since I was pregnant so am hoping it all still fits!
Will post more in the next couple of days
Also got some ww2 style cakes to make as well

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Condi for President:
Matt May has his work cut out for him. He wants to elect the first woman president and the first African-American president.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a high profit site/blog. It pretty much covers high profit related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott :-)

7:04 pm  
Blogger Nina said...

I can't believe you got the Lisle stockings! I am still in a panic about my 'leg wear'!

Nina x

7:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home